x New Account Specialist
Providing excellent service to our financial advisors is one of 1st Global’s core values that the New Accounts Specialist achieves by accurately and effectively establishing new accounts.
All new accounts received by 1st Global are electronically prioritized and routed to the New Accounts Group which are in turn separated by product type and then established by the New Accounts Specialist.
The New Accounts Department establishes clients and maintains data in the master file system for all lines of business. The New Accounts Department establishes Brokerage, Advisory Accounts (IMS), and processes business to Insurance Carriers and Mutual Fund Companies to establish directly held accounts. The department processes mutual fund trades via Fund/SERV for directly held accounts.
All responsibilities are generally performed on a daily basis, unless otherwise noted.
· Review new account paperwork for missing or inaccurate information.
· Identify incorrect or outdated forms.
· Accurately create new accounts into 1st Global’s systems.
· Communicate with product sponsors and/or NFS via e-mail or telephone, regarding account follow-up, escalations and problem resolution.
· Maintain existing accounts by accurately entering advisor and end-client changes into 1st Global’s systems and by requesting the same changes from the product sponsors.
· Enter all interactions with advisors and/or employees into the customer relationship management system.
· Establish and maintain online access for new clients.
· Maintain a quality standard of 98% or higher.
· Place mutual fund direct trades via Fund/SERV.
· Proactively manage support steps/incidents into the customer relationship management system.
· Manage various document reports.
· Participate in identifying and recommending process and procedure improvements.
· Answer general and specific new accounts-related questions.
· Work Overtime during high volumes, including weekends when necessary.
· Participate in special projects assigned by supervisor.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet very strict deadlines.
· College Degree preferred.
· Series 7 securities license preferred.
· Series 63, 65 or 66 securities license preferred or willingness to obtain Series 66 within 6 months.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Must be highly detail-oriented.
· Must be a team player, but also able to multi-task and prioritize jobs independently.
· Must have strong computer skills, including expert proficiency in MS Office applications.
· Proficiency of the following systems: Streetscape, FBSI, Pivotal.
· Basic knowledge of the financial industry
x New Account Specialist
Send an email to HR@1stGlobal.com
Be sure to attach all relevant supporting documentation, i.e. cover letter, resume, portfolio samples.